The Palouse Audubon Society has been serving the Palouse region since 1973. We are a chapter of the National Audubon Society covering Latah and Nez Perce counties in Idaho and Asotin and Whitman counties in Washington. Our membership includes those who join and support our local chapter as well as those who belong to National Audubon and live in the area we serve. Headquartered in Moscow, our chapter is chartered in Idaho as a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization.
The Palouse Audubon Society is working to raise the level of public appreciation for:
• wild birds of all types,
• birds and wildlife of special concern, and
• habitat needs for wild birds and animals.
We also help educate children by sponsoring “Audubon Adventures” curriculum in our local elementary schools. Contact us for more information about this program.
We have activities that are open to the public throughout the year including:
• birding field trips,
• programs with informative speakers covering a broad range of wildlife and conservation topics,
• work parties to improve wildlife habitat, and
• scientific study project participation.
We’d love to have you join us!