Announcing the Palouse Audubon Society Annual Photo Contest
SHOW US YOUR WILD SIDE!
Palouse Audubon Society cordially invites you to enter your best bird and nature photos in our annual PAS Photo contest. Consider submitting photos you have captured during the Christmas Bird Count or the Great Backyard Bird Count, as well as photos taken during hikes and birding trips. Photos related to the environment and conservation are also good topics. Check the PAS website for samples of previous photo contest entries and winning photos. Contest is open to the general public for amateur photographers only. There are no entry fees.
- Photo submissions will be accepted April 1 – July 31.
- Other Wildlife (includes non-avian wildlife from insects to mammals)
- Plants, Scenic and Natural Landscapes (includes environment and conservation)
- Photos can be taken in any outdoor location in Idaho, Oregon, and Washington, but should not include images of people, pets, domesticated or captive animals.
- Contest open to amateur photographers.
- Participants are limited to five entries total.
- Prizes of $60 cash first place and $40 cash for second place will be awarded for each of the three categories.
- Winners will be announced at the September PAS program meeting.
- Photographers will retain full copyright to images submitted, while granting permission for PAS to use the photographs in various publications and media (e.g., website, brochures, flyers, posters, presentations, communications, calendars, bookmarks, ecards, etc.).
- Photos will be judged on technical merit (focus, sharpness, detail, depth of field, color, brightness, contrast, saturation, use of light); composition (visually balanced); creativity; and visual impact.
- Photos should not be digitally altered beyond basic adjustments to lighting, color, contrast, and cropping.
PROCEDURE TO SUBMIT ENTRIES:
- High-resolution digital images in .jpg or .png format
- 300 dpi at 2400 by 3000 pixels or 8 x 10 inches (10 MB max)
- Label each entry as follows: Category – Photo Title – Photographer’s Last Name, First Name, Address, Phone number, Location of Photo, and Email Address.
- Submit entries by uploading on the PAS website (palouseaudubon.org) using or mailing on a CD to Palouse Audubon Society, PO Box 3606, Moscow, ID 83843-1914.